Fomapan R DS8 – 30m
Film format: Doublesuper8
One of the most beautiful and great small format camera’s you can have is a Bolex rebuild for doublesuper8. Or try to get a Canon Scoopic DS8 or an Elmo C300. They are rare and difficult to purchase in working condition.
Fomapan is the only company that manufacturers double8 reversal films in house. These are available in different formats as double8, doublesuper8 and 16mm single and double sided perforated.
- Fomapan R 100
- Format: doublesuper8 on camera reel
- Type: black & white reversal film
- Length: 2 x 30 meter / 2 x 100 ft
- Running time: approximately 12 minutes at 18 fps
- EI 100 by daylight (without filter)
- Film projection: yes
- Film transfer: yes
- A 400ft film reel after process is included in this price
- Technical data sheet manufacturer
The average time to develop this type of film is 2 to 4 weeks, if you also request a 2K scan then add another week or 2 on top.
This roll is slit after processing and then you end up with 60 meter of super8 footage which are 4 super8 cartridges. That is why the price including a transfer is relative high. You can view the results with a super8 movie projector.
Also pay attention to the length of the film roll that you order. If you have a double8 camera you would go for 10 meter rolls. If you use a 16mm camera you can either buy 10 meter or 30 meter rolls.